Construction Marketing Ideas for your Business
Atilus started our firm amid the boom of construction that happened in South Florida. Between construction, financial planners, real estate and attorneys – we cut our teeth on the modern web attracting our clients’ visitors by developing great sites that worked for them, appearing in search engines and brought in business. We’re now one of the top ranked construction web design firms in the country and we’re often asked… what are you top tips for construction websites? We’ve compiled a short list below.
- Blog, blog, and did I say blog?
Not everyone understands what a blog is, or even what a blog can do for a company. A blog is essentially a driving force on your website that promotes interaction, generates quality leads, and engages potential clients. A blog drives potential leads to your website, those leads can easily turn into a conversion, if you’re doing all the right things. All companies should utilize a blog – especially companies in the construction industry. Blogging should be a way of life, if everyone else is doing it, shouldn’t you be doing it better?
It takes a lot more than just building the blog too, you can’t just build a blog and expect readers to come. You need to know whom you’re building the blog for – same rule applies when you’re a builder building a residential and/or commercial building – correct?
Understanding your target’s needs and wants are extremely valuable particularly when marketing in the construction industry. Building a new home is one of the largest investments most people will make in their lifetime; it still is an American dream. The majority of consumers are conducting online research before they make any purchase decision. How well does your construction business currently rank when someone types Residential Home Builders in Florida or Florida Home Builders into the search network? If your target audience cannot find you online, how will they ever become a potential client? Go ahead and type the following keywords into the Google Search Network if your target is Florida or Naples, FL. – how well do you currently rank?
- Residential Home Builders in Florida
- Florida Home Builders
- Home Builders Naples FL
- Custom Home Builders Naples FL
- Home Builders in Naples FL
Marketing a Construction Company Online Via Blogging
You can position yourself as an industry expert if you’re blogging, which in turn will increase traffic to your website. When you’re considered an industry expert you will gain credible back-links to your blog, which = more traffic. Your goal should not be to rank #1 for all industry related keywords, but to appear on the first page and offer valuable content to your readers. You can rank #1 for all industry related keywords, but if you don’t have valuable content that readers want to read, you now lost that potential lead.
- Know your target market
- Position your business as an authority/expert in your industry
- Put consistent content that your readers enjoy out there
- What sites is your target audience visiting? (Link to those sites)
- What do your customers want? (Do you speak to their lifestyle)
How To Turn Your Blog Into Leads: 3 C’s
- Compelling Content: Remember you can’t just create compelling content and assume readers to flock to your blog. Make sure your target audience is finding your compelling content and sharing it for others to read. It’s all about optimization, promotion, and distribution.
- Call To Action: Do you have a call to action button on your blog? What happens after a user clicks the call to action button? Is the process user friendly?
- Consistent Posting Schedule: Blogging consistently will build trust amongst your readers. If your readers like what they read, they will come back to your blog for more information – don’t leave them hanging.
Want To Rank For Construction Industry Specific Keywords?
If you don’t have time to write quality blog content, search for an Internet marketing company that can produce quality, consistent content for your target audience. Atilus, will make sure that you’ll rank for construction industry related keywords, we cannot promise top placements, but we can promise an increase in overall traffic to your construction company website. Contact our New Client Specialist, Jennifer Coomer for more details.