It’s no secret that in our digital world, video is an extremely powerful tool to communicate and capture an audience. From a marketing perspective, utilizing video in digital channels is a great way to get your company’s message across, capture new customers, and inform current clients. Studies have shown that 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online regularly, and that viewers contain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading. You may be ready to start using video for marketing but aren’t sure where to start. There are 8 major types of video your company can make to get started.
The 8 Types of Videos for Your Business
- Company Overview: A video to share the story of your company, why you do what you do, showcase your staff, office, and a day in the life at your company. Typically, one to two minutes long and can be posted on the “about us” or “home” page on your website, or can be used for an email campaign or Facebook.
- FAQ Video: These videos be used to answer frequently asked questions from your customers, with relevant, engaging content that solves a problem. Should last about 30 to 45 seconds per video and can be posted on a blog page on the site, used for Facebook organic posts or ads, or even an email campaign. These types of videos should be practical and tactical, not overloaded with information, and should be divided into multiple parts to drive up engagement.
- App Promo: If you are coming out with a new app, a video is a perfect way to give an overview of your app and show the benefits. An overview video should typically last one minute to a minute and a half and can be used in the app store, on Facebook or YouTube ads.
- Product Overview: A product overview video gives you an opportunity to highlight your products and show how it is used. You can use this video to answer questions a prospect may have like what the benefits of the product are, what problems it can solve, who uses it, and more. These types of videos should be a minute to a minute and a half in length and can be used on Facebook & YouTube ads, or featured on the homepage or products page of your website.
- Event Video: If your company is putting on a special occasion or event, a video is a perfect way to highlight that. These videos are typically 30 seconds to a minute long and can be used on Facebook, in email campaigns, or on an events page.
- Client Testimonials: Client testimonials give you the opportunity to share a story of how your company impacted the life of your customer, and the video format makes it much more personal and impactful. The ideal length for these videos is one to two minutes and they can be posted on Facebook, shared in an e-mail campaign, or posted on a testimonial page.
- Commercial: The classic way to utilize video in marketing is a commercial to promote your business in a creative, funny or heartfelt way. Commercials can be 30 seconds to a minute in length. Although TV is typically the medium for commercials, they can also be used on social media, YouTube ads, and email campaigns.
- Landing Page Video: When you have ads directing users to specific landing pages, having a video on that page is a great way to capture and engage that audience. A 30 second to one-minute video can welcome the new visitors to your site and give calls-to-action and instructions for them to convert.
These 8 types just scratch the surface of what you could do with video. Other types of videos include sales presentations, “thank you” videos for existing clients, internal training videos, and more. When it comes to production, you could do something as simple as shooting it yourself on an iPhone or work with a professional videographer – depending on your budget and your company’s needs. Regardless of where you start, the power of video can’t be ignored, and you should be utilizing it in your company’s marketing strategy.